- Tuesday, 06 August 2019
- Published Date
- Written by Villalba Online
- Hits: 1239
Pierluisi acknowledge that the Puerto Rico Senate has brought a lawsuit to challenge his swearing in as Governor.
LA FORTALEZA – The Governor of Puerto Rico, Pedro Pierluisi, will wait for the decision of the Supreme Court concerning his governorship that was brought to its attention by the president of the Senate of Puerto Rico, and is confident that whatever the ruling, it will be for the best interest of the people.
“Given that today the Senate did not cast a vote and that the vast majority of the Senators did not have the opportunity to express themselves concerning my governorship, with the utmost deference to the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico, I will wait for its decision, trusting that what is best for Puerto Rico will prevail”, said Pierluisi in a press release.
Pierluisi acknowledged that the Puerto Rico Senate has brought a lawsuit to challenge his swearing in as Governor and that it now seeks to have the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico resolve this matter.
“In my life I have always acted in good faith and in accordance with the law. This is no exception. I am committed to serving my people in these difficult times, during which we all need peace and stability.”
Finally, the former Resident Commissioner expressed that the people of Puerto Rico “may rest assured that its Government will continue to fulfill its mission without interruption or delay”.
- Escuela de Matrullas en Orocovis se independiza totalmente de la AEE
- Por debajo de los 20 mil los graduados de escuela superior para el año 2020
- Hallan hombre ahorcado y en descomposición bajo el puente de Guayabal
- Aparatoso accidente en Villalba cobra la vida del sonidista del Grupo Manía
- Jet de la Marina lleva el nombre de mecánico de Villalba